Installing Timekeeper 2.24 using Access 2000
8 October 2005
To use this file to install or update to Timekeeper 2.24. You
must have Access 2000 or later.
The installation file is a single zipped file containing the
components described in Timekeeper Files
plus the files described in Verion 2.24
All of the files are in the Access 2000 file format. Perform
the following steps to download and install Timekeeper:
- Download the 1.58 MB zip file, Tk2p24A2K.zip.
You will need to obtain a User ID and Password from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a folder for your Timekeeper. Unzip Tk2p14A2Ki. to this
- In the folder you will find TkUtility. Open TkUtility using
your Access 2000. Click the button Finish Installation. This
will make a user data file TkUserData and attach TkProgram to
- You can now use TkProgram and TkDemoPgm. Just open then using
your Access 2000.
- If you want want shortcuts to TkProgram, TkUtility and TkDemoPgm
you must make them for yourself.
- If you have user data for a Timekeeper before 2.23 you need
to use Restore in TkUtility to get your user data into your new
If you place your existing TkUserData in the folder with the
new 2.24 components before you do Finish Installation the installation
process should convert your user data to the new format. The alternative
is to use Restore to get your old user data and let Restore convert
it to the new format. Remember to have backups.
you wish to use Timekeeper on several machines on a LAN see
installing Timekeeper on a LAN. Those
of you in the UK might want to check out Timekeeper
If you think there are ways in which these instructions could
be made more clear please send an eMail to